Summer 2012 Newsletter
For over 20 years, Vision Plastics has been a Pacific NW leader in molding and contract assembly services to a diversified customer base. Today, our goal is to continue to provide innovative solutions and value to our customers.
Last Spring, Vision’s management team ventured off to NPE to outfit the new electric molding machines with the latest automation equipment. With requirements in hand, Vision chose STAR Automation for the purchase of seven new sprue pickers and four new Servo Robots. This latest installation rounds out Vision’s equipment technology update.
- Seven (7) new grip and vacuum pickers with end of arm capability
- Four (4) new Servo Robots
- Servo Robot for 610 ton press for handling larger parts and those requiring a large working envelope for down stream automation
- Capability in place to handle parts of all sizes utilizing automation
ADVANTAGES OF ROBOTS AND SPRUE PICKERS
- Reduction in unnecessary labor
- Improved quality control
- Enhanced accuracy and speed
- Increased flexibility and process optimization
- Secondary operations such as de-gate, fixturing, and inspection
- Sorting and cavity isolation for packaging preparation (family molds and multi-cavity tools)
- More accurate and repeatable product
- Consistent cycle times greatly reduce the risk of material degradation
- Reduced risk of product contamination when removed from mold
The markets we serve demand competitive, hands off manufacturing processes in a clean molding environment. This latest investment will support the evolving needs of our customers and contribute to our Commitment of on-time delivery of high quality products.